Poverty sucks. You know why I’m writing about poverty? Due to my obvious lack of self-control I managed to blow half-a-month’s salary buying stuff I don’t need. There. So I came up with a list for you guys out there to at the very least, have a clue on what NOT to do to save some bucks.
2) Don’t buy office stuffs just because you want to HAVE office stuff for your desk. Wanting is clearly different from Needing.
3) Fight the impulse to buy an obscenely expensive/branded tumbler just because your desk happens to be near them new water dispenser.
4) Don’t buy an expensive/branded blush-on just because you look soooo damn pale. For the love of God just spank yourself silly on the cheeks to look alive
5) Don’t be too over-zealous when handing out money for a production oufit. (Nga pala, here’s me on my unabashed plugging. Dec. 15 Meyric’s!!! If your a music lover please come. By the way just to answer a few questions from my friends: No, it’s not free there’s an entrance fee but it’s gonna be worth it… No, there’s no reservations… No, Sugarfree is not playing… Yes, you can invite your friends and No, I’m not treating any of you leeches tickets for the damned shebang
6) Think twice before agreeing to come for an out of town trip… Heck, I don’t even like swimming but did that stop me? Noooooo….
7) Stop window shopping!!! It’s the Devil!!!
8) Don’t buy a 700 pesoses worth umbrella… It’s pricey … It’s just an umbrella for christ’s sake!!! Did that stop me? Noooooo…..
9) Stop buying socks just because you’ve got new shoes!
10) And don’t ever do the following in one breath as this may result in what layman’s term called… Clinically-Broke.
So here I am, waiting for the next payday to arrive, so near yet so far. And when that day comes, you guys would go about your way, happily counting hard-earned money… Expect me here, sitting on my desk… hands tied down on my chair.
…and it’s not even December yet.